We are excited to announce that our most recent cohort of Instructor Trainers have completed their onboarding and received their badges! This most recent cohort includes 10 Trainers based in North American time zones as well as expanding our Trainer communities in Australia, New Zealand, and Europe. Their unique expertise and perspectives on training and community will be a tremendous resource for Carpentries Instructors to come!
Our new Trainers are:
- Trisha Adamus (University of Wisconsin, USA)
- Kelly Barnes (The Carpentries, Canada)
- Carrie Brown (University of Nebraska, USA)
- Amanda Charbonneau (University of California, USA)
- Daniel Chen (Virginia Tech, USA)
- Mark Crowe (Queensland Cyber Infrastructure Foundation, Australia)
- Luca Di Stasio (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia / Sweden)
- Megan Guidry (New Zealand eScience Infrastructure, New Zealand)
- Melissa Ko (Stanford University, USA)
- Mirian Tsuchiya (Smithsonian Institution, USA)
- Zhian Kamvar (The Carpentries, USA)
- Jordan Pedersen (University of Toronto, Canada)
- Adam Richie-Halford (University of Washington eScience Institute, USA)
- Serah Rono (The Carpentries, Estonia)
Many thanks to these participants not only for their insightful contributions and leadership in our discussion meetings, but also for their feedback supporting the continued development of this training. Our curriculum for this program is freely available and can be taught by anyone. However, only trainees selected to participate in Carpentries Trainer Training events are eligible for badging as Instructor Trainers.
Want to become an Instructor Trainer? Please get in touch, and we will be sure you are notified when our next round of applications opens! We expect to open applications for our next round of Trainer Training in March of 2021.