This page holds all reports published by The Carpentries’ Core Team and Executive Council since early 2018.
Our annual reports serve as a high-level summary of The Carpentries work, providing a succinct introduction to our organisation for potential funders, new members, and others joining our community. These reports also serve as a rich resource for our existing community members, showcasing the work and growth of our community and providing a summary of the previous year, and what we plan to achieve in the coming year. Our annual reports also include a short overview of our finances for the year.
- Annual Report, 2020 (pdf)
- Annual Report, 2020 (HTML)
- Annual Report, 2019 (pdf) // Zenodo record
- Annual Report, 2018 (pdf)
Referencing Annual Reports
Our annual reports are published under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license. Artistic images and photographs are licensed to the image creators as described in each report.
Our Financial Reports are created in the interest of transparency, and to help communicate information on financial planning, and sustainability in The Carpentries more broadly with our global community. They contain information about key sources of income for The Carpentries,, our programmatic expenditure and income, new grant funding and community sponsorship, and a summary of our financial position at the time of release.
- Financial Report, 2020 (pdf)
- Financial Report, 2020 (HTML)
- Financial Report Appendix, 2020 (pdf)
- Financial Report, 2019 (pdf)
- Financial Report Appendix, 2019 (pdf)
- Financial Report, 2018 (pdf)
- Financial Report Appendix, 2018 (pdf)
Our grant reports are detailed summaries of work that our Core Team has collaborated on with the community in fulfillment of grant funding. These reports provide additional details beyond our blog posts, including detailed progress on each grant deliverable, challenges encountered, and lessons learned through this work.
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
Analysis of The Carpentries Long-Term Surveys (April 2020) These results are also available on GitHub.
This report reviewed Carpentries workshop activity from 2012 through the first quarter of 2018. June 2018
- In this report we revisited and updated some of the workshop related data from the earlier report. We also analysed applications for instructor training received since we opened up our application process in July 2016. August 2018
- In this report, we provide an overview of global workshop activity, including the number of workshops and learners involved globally. October 2018
Executive Council Reports
- 2019 Executive Council In-Person meeting
- 2018 Executive Council In-Person meeting
- First 2018 Executive Council Tertile Report
Code of Conduct Reports
- Code of Conduct Transparency Reports All Code of Conduct Transparency reports are listed in this GitHub repo.