The Incubator Lesson Spotlight highlights a lesson under development by our community in The Carpentries Incubator. In this edition, we look at the progress being made on the Foundational Computer Skills lesson, and hear from the authors about how The Carpentries community can get involved with the ongoing development of this lesson.
- Title: Foundational Computer Skills
- Lesson Pages: https://carpentries-incubator.github.io/foundational-computer-skills
- Lesson Repository: https://github.com/carpentries-incubator/foundational-computer-skills
- To recognize different extensions and format of the data files and software packages
- To identify appropriate software suitable to learners’ environment
- To be able to download data, place in appropriate location, extract, and load data
- To be able to download, install, configure, and test software
- Learners preparing for a workshop
- Instructors and helpers helping with pre-workshop setup
The lesson is in the initial stages of development (pre-alpha).
How You Can Help Develop This Lesson
We are looking forward to collaborate on the early stages of design and development of the lesson.
About This Series
Incubator Lesson Spotlight is a regular feature in The Carpentries blog and Carpentries Clippings newsletter, highlighting the great work our community is doing to develop new lessons in The Carpentries Incubator. Developers of any lesson in the Incubator are encouraged to submit details about their material for inclusion in the series. If you would like to increase the visibility of your lesson and encourage Carpentries community members to contribute to its ongoing development, fill in this short form.
Dialogue & Discussion
Comments must follow our Code of Conduct.