The Instructor Development Committee (formerly known as the Mentoring Subcommittee) supports Instructors as they progress through training, teaching, curriculum development, and other community-related activities. They help promote community-building and networking, by providing virtual spaces where instructors from all over the world can share teaching success stories and discuss teaching strategies. For more about our work, see this section of The Carpentries Handbook.
To support Instructors in our community through a range of activities.
We run regular instructor discussion sessions where people preparing to teach can ask for advice. People who have recently taught can use the sessions to debrief.
The Committee has monthly meetings, which are open to new members. Meetings are scheduled, organised, and run through this etherpad. For more about committee roles, see the Handbook. We also organise information about our work though this GitHub repo.
- Elnaz AmanzadehJajin, Chair
- Alicia Cappello, Secretary
- Jonathan Stoneman, Mentoring Co-Chair
- Lynne Williams, Mentoring Co-Chair
- Emmanuelle Rodrigues Nunes, Special Projects Chair
- Yared Abera, Member at Large
- Rohit Goswami, Member at Large
- Dianna Morganti, Member at Large
- Annajiat Alim Rasel, Member at Large
- Katherine Simeon, Member at Large
- Abisola Regina Sholeye, Member at Large
- Sher! Hurt, Staff Liason
Contacting the Committee: Join us on TopicBox!