We are pleased to announce the results of the community and council elections for the 2023 Executive Council, which will assume responsibility of governance from the current Executive Council in February 2023.
Incoming community-elected members
Two candidates stood for the community election held during the first week of December. Out of the 1,386 ballots distributed to Voting Members, 356 ballots were cast (25.7% turnout). The two candidates receiving the highest number of votes and joining the Executive Council for two-year terms as community-elected members are:
- Jannetta Steyn (Senior Research Software Engineer, Newcastle University in the United Kingdom)
- Sarah Stevens (Data Science Facilitator, University of Wisconsin-Madison in the United States)
Incoming council-elected members
The Executive Council received recommendations for three individuals for the council-elected positions. Following assessment of each candidate for their suitability regarding the expertise needed (see this blog post), the Executive Council elected the following three individuals:
- John Chodacki (Director of the University of California Curation Center (UC3) at California Digital Library (CDL) in the United States)
- Nisha Ghatak (Research Communities Advisor / National eScience Infrastructure at the University of Auckland in New Zealand)
- Michael Smith (STEM DEI Non-Profit Operations and Programs Strategist in the United States)
Continuing and outgoing Executive Council members
The five new members listed above join the following continuing Executive Council members:
- Yanina Bellini Saibene
- Annajiat Alim Rasel
- Abdulai Imoro
- Konrad Förstner
Also thanks to the outgoing Executive Council members: Aleksandra Nenadic and Masami Yamaguchi
Thanks to the entire Carpentries community for participating in the election, recommending candidates, and submitting ballots!
Dialogue & Discussion
Comments must follow our Code of Conduct.