We are pleased to announce that our most recent cohort of Lesson Maintainers have completed onboarding and are ready to support lessons across The Carpentries curricula. Eighteen new Maintainers participated in the three hour onboarding, using a completely updated curriculum with the following goals:
- Orientation to The Carpentries goals and vision for lesson maintanence
- Getting connected with other Maintainers and the overall Maintainer community
- Developing skills for creating a positive environment for all contributors
- Becoming familiar with the key components of the lesson template
- Practicing core technical skills for lesson maintanence
- Learning how and when to elevate issues to the Curriculum Advisory Committee
We are excited to welcome these new members to the Maintainer community and look forward to working with them, and continuing to work with our many committed continuing Maintainers, over the coming months.
Our new Maintainers are:
- Rodolfo Montez (Foundations of Astronomical Data Science)
- Monah Abou Alezz (Data Organization in Spreadsheets
- Tobias Busch (Data Analysis and Visualization in R)
- Ben Companjen (Data Cleaning with OpenRefine)
- Vini Salazar (Análisis y visualización de datos usando Python)
- Luis J. Villanueva (Data Cleaning with OpenRefine)
- Valerie Gartner (Data Wrangling and Processing)
- Kimberly Meechan
- David Palmquist
- Ulf Schiller
- Robert Turner
- Jamie Jamison (The UNIX Shell)
- Sara King (OpenRefine)
- Elizabeth McAulay (Introduction to Git and LC Overview)
- Kaitlin Newson (The UNIX Shell)
- Julika Mimkes (SQL)
- Angela Zoss (Introduction to Working with Data)
- Jacob Deppen (The Unix Shell)
Thank you to all existing Maintainers who provided insightful feedback on updating the onboarding process, especially in developing the new Curriculum Advisory Committee Consultation Rubric which will help to guide interactions between Maintainers and Curriculum Advisors.
An enormous thank you is also due to Daniel Chen, The Carpentries Maintainer Community Lead, who engaged in extensive planning and curriculum development and co-lead each of the three sessions.
Dialogue & Discussion
Comments must follow our Code of Conduct.