We are pleased to announce the results of the community and council elections for the 2021 Executive Council, which will assume responsibility of governance from the current Executive Council in February 2021. We would like to give the most welcome greeting to the following five new members.
Incoming community-elected members
Five candidates stood for the community election held during the beginning of December. Out of the 1182 ballots distributed to Voting Members, 224 ballots were cast (~19% turnout). The two candidates receiving the highest number of votes and joining the Executive Council for two-year terms as community-elected Members are:
- Sarah Stevens, Data Science Facilitator, University of Wisconsin-Madison in the United States.
- Aleksandra Nenadic, Training Lead, Software Sustainability Institute in the United Kingdom.
Incoming council-elected members
The Executive Council received recommendations for five individuals for the council-elected positions. Following assessment of each candidate for their suitability regarding the expertise needed (see this blog post), the Executive Council elected the following three individuals:
- John Chodacki - Director of the University of California Curation Center (UC3) at California Digital Library (CDL) in the United States.
- Michael Smith, DEI Non-Profit Operations and Programs Strategist in the United States.
- Masami Yamaguchi, Librarian, Griffith University in Australia.
Continuing and outgoing Executive Council members
The five new members listed above join the following continuing Executive Council members:
- Cedric Chambers: Founder and CEO of JUMP Recruits in the United States.
- Paula Andrea Martinez: Community Manager, FAIR for Research Software, Australia.
- Lex Nederbragt: Senior lecturer at the Institute of Biosciences, University of Oslo in Norway.
- Konrad Förstner: Professor for Data and Information Literacy at the TH Köln – University of Applied Sciences and Head of Data Science and Services at ZB MED - Information Centre for Life Sciences in Germany.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to the outgoing Executive Council members: Joslynn Lee, Juan Steyn, Mesfin Diro Chaka, Amy Hodge, and Elizabeth Wickes. Thank you so much for your contribution!
Thanks to the entire Carpentries community for your engagement in this election, recommending candidates, and submitting ballots! To get in touch with the Executive Council, email us.
Dialogue & Discussion
Comments must follow our Code of Conduct.