We are excited to announce that our most recent cohort of Instructor Trainers have completed their onboarding and received their badges! This is a tremendous group, and many have already jumped in to begin teaching Instructor Training workshops and hosting Teaching Demonstrations! We are proud and fortunate to have them on board.
Our new Trainers are:
- Angela Li (University of Chicago, USA)
- Angelique van Rensburg (The Carpentries, South Africa)
- Ann Backhaus (Pawsey Supercomputing Centre Perth, Australia)
- Annika Rockenberger (University of Oslo, Norway)
- Ariel Deardorff (University of California, San Francisco, USA)
- Bianca Peterson (North-West University Potchefstroom, South Africa)
- Evgenij Belikov (University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Liz Stokes (Australian Research Data Commons Sydney, Australia)
- Margareth Gfrerer (Higher Education Strategy Center, Ethiopia)
- Matthias Liffers (Australian Research Data Commons / Curtin University, Australia)
- Mike Trizna (Smithsonian Institution, USA)
- Paola Corrales (Centro de Investigaciones del Mar y la Atmósfera, Argentina)
- Sara King (AARNet Adelaide, Australia)
- Zachary Painter (Stanford University, USA)
Our Instructor Trainer Training program is still actively under development as we look to expand our capacity in the coming years. Huge thanks to these participants not only for their enthusiastic contributions to our discussion meetings, but also for their contributions to the continuing development of this training. We expect our curriculum for this program to be prepared for broader application in time for our next cohort.
Want to become an Instructor Trainer? Please get in touch, and we will be sure you are notified when our next round of applications opens! We expect to run at least one more round of Trainer Training in 2020.