We recently put out a call for applications from members of the community who want to become Carpentries Instructor Trainers. This round of applications followed closely on the heels of a prior cohort, and was opened to meet member demand in our rapidly-growing communities. If you missed the short window for this application, never fear – we do plan to run another starting around September 2019! Contact Karen Word (email@example.com) if you would like to be notified when applications open.
Our Trainers are key to the continuing growth and success of The Carpentries. They teach our Instructor Training curriculum, which then brings new Instructors into The Carpentries community. This role is open to current Instructors and other qualified community members, for example, people with a formal background in education. Selection is also guided by strategic growth priorities, as on-site Trainers offer an important boost to local community development.
We are excited to announce that the following people will be joining the next round of training to start on 15 January.
- Ana Costa Conrado (Norway)
- Brian Ballsun-Stanton (Australia)
- Cam Macdonell (Canada)
- Dagim Yoseph Mengesha (Ethiopia)
- Gerard Capes (United Kingdom)
- Katrin Tirok (South Africa)
- Konrad Förstner (Germany)
- Laura Acion (Argentina)
- Masami Yamaguchi (Australia)
- Mike Henry (United States)
- Samar Salah Mohamedahmed Elsheikh (South Africa)
- Sarah Brown (United States)
- Saymore Chifamba (South Africa)
- Vanessa L Gonzalez (United States)
- Vinicius Salazar (Brazil)
We look forward to welcoming them to the Trainer community.